RE at Chalice Blog
- RE @ Chalice Blog 5/12/22
Religious Education at Chalice!
A place for wonder. A place for fun.
Welcome, welcome everyone!
Chalice Family Update
May 12, 2022
The theme for May is… Nurturing Beauty
The Beautiful Journey: A Coming of Age Service
Sunday morning at 10am
with Rev. Nica Eaton-Guinn & Sam Dickerson
Most religions have a rite of passage for their youth. In Unitarian Universalism, it’s Coming of Age. It is a time not only of faith exploration, but self exploration. Who is the person I want to be? What do I want to put out in this world? This group of thoughtful and engaging teens will share their impressions of this journey with the congregation through music, stories, and art. Join us as we celebrate these magnificent young people and this treasured tradition of our faith. This is an all ages service.
Zoom ID: 209 555 249 Passcode: 2020
Families welcome! The Joy Corner is open! This is an intergenerational service!
Sunday mornings 9-9:30am
Check In opportunities with your friends in RE!
Enjoy music, stories, and checking in with friends. Ideal for younger children through third grade but all are welcome!
Have ideas about what you want to see in RE?
Email your DRE Sam Dickerson firstname.lastname@example.org
May we will explore… Paganism
When: Sundays, 5/1 thru 5/22
Where: Fellowship Hall at Chalice (Yes, in person!)
**Masks must be worn by all who attend. (N95, KN95, or KF94)
Please RSVP here: https://bit.ly/ChaliceCP. Youth need only show up with open minds and hearts. Attendance throughout the month is strongly recommended. Families need not be members for youth to attend. Friends welcome!
Find more information about Crossing Paths, see the email flyer or contact Sam Dickerson email@example.com.
YRUU Hangout next Friday!
Chalice Hangouts for May!
YRUU (High School) – May 20
6-8pm @ Fellowship Hall
Hot Dogs – Movie – Games – Friends Welcome!
For more info contact: Sam Dickerson firstname.lastname@example.org
*RSVPs requested to ensure plenty of food for all.
Please RSVP by the Thursday before your chosen Hangout.
**Masks required while in attendance (N95, KN95, or KF94)
The ultimate pajama party!
Saturday, May 21, 1-5pm
Bring your stuffy to Chalice for an afternoon of fun–games, stories, and a dance party! Your stuffy will stay the night in the Sanctuary with our trusty stuffy staff. Parents are welcome to participate or take an “adult break” in Fellowship Hall. Then join us again Sunday, May 22 at 10am to enjoy church with your stuffy and friends. Pajamas optional!
RSVP now at https://bit.ly/StuffySleepover
Questions? Email Sam Dickerson email@example.com
Chalice RE invites families and RE volunteers
Picnic in the Park
Sunday, June 5, 11:30am-1pm
after our Bridging and RE appreciation service
Bring your picnic basket to Pepper Tree Playfield and join other Chalice families and RE volunteers for lunch in the park. Laugh, play, and meet new friends as we conclude another wonderful church year.
Pepper Tree Playfield
Have you registered for camp yet???
Now’s the time to register for summer camps on the mountain top!
Click on one of the links below for more information and registration.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity!
Jewish American Heritage Month
Asian/ Pacific American Heritage Month
Mental Health Awareness Month
Happy Birthday, UUA!
May 12 is Founding Day for the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). Founded in 1961, The Unitarian and Universalist churches made it official, joining together in the hopes of making a greater impact in this world.
Our mission: Religious Education empowers children and youth and supports families with tools to create a world of justice and compassion.
- RE @ Chalice Blog January 7, 2021RE at Chalice! A place for wonder. A place for fun. Welcome, welcome everyone! Chalice Weekly Family Update January 7, 2021 January’s theme is… Imagination Sunday Morning Service at 10am Set Your Imagination Free with Rev. Nica Eaton-Guinn As we dive into our theme of imagination this month, we explore what can happen when we allow our imagination to guide our lives. Can ...
- RE @ Chalice Blog December 31, 2020RE at Chalice! A place for wonder. A place for fun. Welcome, welcome everyone! Chalice Weekly Family Update December 31, 2020 December’s theme has been… Stillness January’s theme will be… Imagination Sunday Morning Service at 10am This I Believe with special guest Ayanna Gaines and Friends This I Believe is based on a popular radio program from the 1950s. We take time to listen ...
- RE @ Chalice Blog Update December 17, 2020RE at Chalice! A place for wonder. A place for fun. Welcome, welcome everyone! Chalice Weekly Family Update December 17, 2020 December’s theme is… Stillness Sunday Morning Service at 10am Winter Solstice with special guest Christine Blasman Winter Solstice is a celebration of the longest night, a time where embracing our darkness is a springboard to personal growth and change. Come celebrate the ...
- Family Update for December 10 2020RE at Chalice! A place for wonder. A place for fun. Welcome, welcome everyone! Chalice Weekly Family Update December 10, 2020 December’s theme is Stillness Sunday Morning Service at 10am Stillness Speaks with Rev. Nica Eaton-Guinn As the darkness of this time of year closes in, and we remain sheltered in our homes, we visit the wisdom of stillness. Normally this time of ...