Date(s) - Saturday, March 24
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Friday, MAY 11, 2012 – 7:30
Will The Wall Come Tumbling Down?
A Look At Church And State In America
The 200+ year experiment of separating Church and State in the United States has been a resounding success by most measures.
And yet, as a front line worker for decades on behalf of the preservation and promotion of the First Amendment, JOHN SUAREZ maintains that the task becomes more trying year after year. He will explore possible explanations behind this apparent inconsistency. and also review current hot-button issues in the church/state arena.
John M. Suarez, MD:
– Professor (Emeritus) of Psychiatry, UCLA,
and Founder/Director of the Section on Legal Psychiatry
– Director, Center for Legal Psychiatry, Santa Monica (1982 -1995)
– Trustee, Americans United for Separation of Church and State,
and Chairman, Education Committee
– Outreach Coordinator, Center For Inquiry – Los Angeles
– Member, Community Advisory Board, KCET, (2004 – 2010), Chairman (2007 – 2009)
The ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union)
Ventura County Chapter
Americans United for Separation of Church and State