How To Make Your Gifts Go Farthest
THANK YOU FOR GIVING TO CHALICE
Here’s how to make your gifts go farthest…
We are so grateful for all and any gifts to Chalice! Thank you for helping our beautiful Fellowship thrive!
What you might not be aware of is that some of your gifts are subject to fees that reduce the funds that we get. Here are the ways that we get donations, and the associated fees, in ascending order of fees.
- Cash: No fees. But we don’t generally know who it comes from, so you won’t get credit at tax time.
- Checks to Chalice: No fees. Be sure to indicate on the memo line if they are for pledge fulfillment or a gift. A popular means of paying by check is to use online bill pay from your bank, which can be set up as a recurring payment. Chalice is not one of the bank’s regular payees (like a utility), but if you use “Chalice” as the name and our office address (3331 Old Conejo Road, Newbury Park, CA 91320-2115) it will work fine.
- Automated withdrawal from a checking account (also called ACH). No fees.
Please contact Stewardship Chairperson Don Cooper can set this up for you. It’s a great way to give. Email: email@example.com
- Online or text-to-give through Breeze using ACH (your bank account): Fee of 1% plus $0.25 per transaction. You give Breeze your bank account number and the bank routing number to set this up.
- Online or text-to-give through Breeze using a Credit Card: Fee of 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction. This the easiest giving method, but it comes at a cost.
- PayPal through the Chalice Website: Fee of 2.2% plus $0.30 per transaction. You access this through the Chalice home page using the “giving” pull-down menu, then “donate.”
If you wish to give via text or online, you may choose to add an additional amount to cover the fees to Chalice – so that Chalice receives the full amount you intended. Thank you!
Again, huge gratitude for any and all gifts.
We could not exist without your generosity.