What We’re Doing at Chalice
- Masking Policy Announcement October 2022
Chalice is always monitoring conditions around Covid-19. The community risk levels of Ventura County, Santa Barbara County, and Los Angeles Counties are all at the low level. Given this change, the Board of Trustees of Chalice has voted to highly recommend wearing masks indoors at Chalice rather than requiring them. The buildings of Chalice have good ventilation systems and we have added extra filtration. We also have a practice of keeping the doors open while the buildings are occupied. These things, as well as a high vaccination level among our members allows us to comfortably give the option for not wearing a mask to those who wish. Whatever decision people make as they walk through our doors, they are welcome.
We would also like to remind people that a new bivalent booster shot is now available for those whose last booster shot was at least two months ago. Meanwhile, our choir has decided to keep masking through October while they sing, to give everyone time to get the latest booster shot.
To our dear families at Chalice and RE volunteers, these changes to masking will not affect your time in RE spaces. Our rooms upstairs in Fellowship Hall, as well as Childspace, do not have access to outdoor airflow. Along with this, the most current booster shot is not available to anyone under the age of 18. Considering these pieces, we will continue to ask all who participate in Religious Education programming in these spaces to remain masked. Our children and teens continue to be one of our most vulnerable populations. Out of love and respect for them and their families, we will do what we can within our power to keep them as safe as possible. As for special events like Hangouts and Families Care, please watch for updates as they are advertised.
The Board will continue to evaluate the situation and should conditions worsen and numbers go up, they may make a change to this policy in future.
Thank you for your understanding and flexibility. We look forward to seeing you at Chalice soon.
- Summer 2022Over the past several years, we’ve been adapting and pivoting (as have you all) in response to the numerous challenges of these times. What seems to be working for us currently is a multi-platform service held at 10 am on Sundays. For those who are comfortable doing so, we welcome you in person to our ...
- Covid Update for Chalice – Jan 5, 2022Beloved Members and Friends of Chalice, The Reopening Task Force, the Chalice Board, and I continue to monitor local, statewide, and national Covid numbers and issues. Ventura County is back in the Severe Transmission category during this intensive Omicron spike. My family was impacted by Omicron over the Christmas break, when my mother, visiting from England, was ...
- Update on Chalice ReopeningBeloved Members and Friends of Chalice, The Reopening Task Force, the Chalice Board, and Reverend Nica continue to monitor local, statewide, and denominational Covid numbers and issues. Ventura County is still in the High Transmission category, although numbers are beginning to improve. We know many of us would love to go back to in-person worship, but ...
- Letter from BoardDear fellow Chalice Members, The Board of Trustees met on Saturday August 28 in our annual retreat, to set goals for the upcoming year. We are in a state of flux. We have two new staff members – Kelly and Ana Krista – uncertainty about when we will be able to worship in person again, and ...
- Revised Protocols for Small Groups meeting Indoors at Chalice
- Second Tuesday Chalice Circle
- Garden Gala
- Draw the Circle Wide
- People of Chalice offer support for a local family
- The Tie Dye Party!!!
- Honoring Farmworkers – April 4, 2021
- Chalice in Bluum – Chalk Fest 2021
- COVID-19 Update March 2021
- Chalice Sweethearts – Pamela Lopez and Randall Edwards